Re: [libcroco-list] selection engine

> Could be ... one of the design goals I'm aiming for, though, is a
> unified AST for all the grammars involved, since in many cases I think
> that would make the surrounding code simpler (I'm also thinking about a
> unified tree UI for CSS and XML editing).
>
> It'd be nice to be able to hang a CSS subtree directly off an XML node
> in place of a simple string leaf node (e.g. for the content of style=""
> attributes in SVG, or the text content of <style> elements).
>
> Up to this point I had been considering writing custom XML and CSS
> representations.
>
> This could also concievably be accomplished with a common layer over
> libcroco and libxml2 nodes, though I'm not sure what the best approach
> for gluing the two trees together underneath would be...

I think you should really have a look at w3c dom.
It's a unified representation/API for not only and xml infoset anotated
with CSS sheets. Don't only look at DOM CORE but also at the DOM style
specification at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-DOM-Level-2-Style-20001113/Overview.html .

I really think it would rock no end if we could share a library that
provides use with that api in GNOME.

Regards,

Dodji.