Re: [libcroco-list] selection engine

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 05:03, dodji seketeli org wrote:
> > Out of curiosity, how much modification would libcroco's selection
> > engine require to work with an XML tree representation other than
> > libxml2's?
> >
> Not *that* much. Rob BUIS started a patch on this.
> You can grab it at http://www.seketeli.org/dodji/patches/node-abstraction.tar.bz2
>
> Basically, we need to abstract the xmlNode (fields and methods), xmlDoc (fields
> and methods) etc ...
>
> I haven't have the time to dig into that yet, unfortunately.

*nods*

The reason I'm asking is that I'm currently working on rewriting the
document tree representation in Inkscape.  In the near future I'd also
like to start using libcroco as much as possible ... so I'm trying to
determine whether it's worth using libxml2's representation underneath
or not.

One of the problems is that libxml2 doesn't provide any facilites for
change notification, so I'd at least need to add another layer overtop
for that.  Out of curiousity, how did you handle that in mlview?

-mental