Re: libchamplain under msys2

On Fri, 2015-05-15 at 07:25 +0000, Andrea Zagli wrote:
hi and thanks for libchamplain

i built libchamplain under msys2
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/msys2/) but it seems that it doesn't
work correctly

I too have tried libchamplain (and the python gobject bindings) under Windows with limited success. I tried using both PyGObject (PyGI [ http://opensourcepack.blogspot.com/p/pygobject-pygi-aio.html]) and cygwin. PyGI worked much better, but still didn't work completely.

I found that if I set the backend for clutter from the normal win32 to GDK:

Clutter.set_windowing_backend(Clutter.WINDOWING_GDK)

I could at least get mouse events. However, this had additional drawbacks, the two biggest being:
1. Resizing the window doesn't resize the libchamplain map widget. Even worse, after resizing the window, all coordinates are incorrect.
2. Fonts where completely broken. I get a bunch of error messages like:

Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output.
engine-type='PangoRenderWin32', script='latin'

I have a project called subte [1] that would be very valuable for transit authorities if it ran under Windows.

-M

[1] http://line72.net/index.php/software/subte/