Re: Bug with get_size() / set_size() in Points?

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Pablo Castellano <pablo anche no> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I think I have found a bug with set_size() and get_size().
>
> They don't work as expected with Points.
>
> I want to use it in order to draw points smaller when the map is
> zoomed-out. Getting the size of a point and then setting the size+1 or
> size-1 to this point doesn't draw it well.
> Instead, I get the expected behaviour by removing first the marker from
> the layer and then adding a new one with different size.
>
> I have isolated this issue into a Python example. You can get it from my
> libchamplain repo in github:
> https://github.com/PabloCastellano/libchamplain/tree/pablog
> https://github.com/PabloCastellano/libchamplain/blob/pablog/test2i.py
>
> I'm not very familiarized with Cairo/Clutter so I have no idea how to
> fix it ;(

Hi Pablo,

first thanks for doing the boring stuff and going through the
documentation and fixing various typos and copy/paste errors. Much
appreciated! Your new project looks interesting too!

I've just had a quick look at the issue and you're right, this is a
libchamplain bug. From looking at the code the problem seems to be
that when you set the size, the size is only taken for cario drawing
but the size of the clutter actor into which the point is drawn is not
updated. So what happens is that the cario drawing is rescaled to the
clutter actor size (so at size 1 you get a grey square). It should be
pretty easy to fix - I'll have a look at it during the next weekend.

Thanks,

Jiri