Re: More changes in path drawing

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 2:39 AM, Jiří Techet <techet gmail com> wrote:
> Paths should be drawn on idle now so it shouldn't be necessary to turn
> off the path display before marker addition. As for the speed, we can
> later try if a function taking a list of coordinates speeds up things
> but as it is a minor change and there's no dramatic regression now, I
> would concentrate on making a release as soon as possible. I expect
> the performance will be slightly worse than in 0.8 -
> ChamplainCoordinate is a gobject now so there is some overhead for
> creating the object itself.

Good news: Performance regression is almost totally fixed! 39,287
points loaded in 12.7 seconds, and I watched the polygon render live
as it loaded. Excellent! This is only half of it's former speed and
I'm ok with that. I'm just glad it's no longer 22 minutes, I was quite
worried for a while there ;-)

Bad news: There is now severe visual corruption of the map during
PathLayer drawing. See screenshot here:

http://robru.github.com/Screenshot-GottenGeography.png

Some notes:

* the map renders just fine before I start adding nodes to the PathLayer
* after the last call to add_node, if I navigate away from the
displayed area, new areas load fine. if I navigate away until it's
completely invisible, I can then navigate back and everything is fine.
* It is only during the GPX load, when add_node is called rapidly,
that this happens.
* the PathLayer itself draws the path correctly, in the correct
location, in spite of the map just showing garbage behind it.

--
http://robru.github.com/GottenGeography/