Re: More changes in path drawing

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Jiří Techet <techet gmail com> wrote:
> ChamplainLocation - interface for objects with latitude and longitude
> ChamplainCoordinate - simple gobject implementing ChamplainLocation
> ChamplainMarker - now implements ChamplainLocation too
> ChamplainPathLayer - insert objects implementing ChamplainLocation to
> draw the path
> ChamplainMarkerLayer - now doesn't contatin the path-drawing methods
>
> Please test and let me know if the performance got better.

Ok, We're now down to 9.36 seconds to load the big benchmark file with
path visibility turned off (this confused me at first because before,
visibility defaulted to off, and I had to specifically turn visibility
on, but now it defaults to on and I have to specifically turn it off
in order to see the speed benefit. It's still quite slow (several
minutes, didn't have time to let it run to completion) with path
visibility turned on.

This is a good improvement, though! Thanks so much!

I'm having a problem with MarkerLayers now though, I can't seem to get
them to display. I've tried calling animate_in() and show() and they
just don't appear. Did I miss something somewhere?