Re: Many changes in layers and markers

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Russell Strong <russell strong id au> wrote:
> or how about .append_points which would take a list/array of points.

This wouldn't do anything in my case because I'm appending points from
within an expat callback (so my method that calls append_point never
has access to more than one point at a time anyway).

> This may be an easy workaround for doing multiple redraws.  Another way
> multiple redraws could be handled would be to set up an idle callback
> that would do the redraw after any points were added.

You mean with some kind of threshold, so that a redraw would only
happen x seconds after points have stopped being added? I could get
behind this, but it would need some kind of override method you could
call to force a redraw. The way my GPX parser is structured it pulses
a GtkProgressbar every 0.2 seconds, and it would be nice if the loaded
points would be visible to the user at this time, so that they can see
that something is actually happening (there's really nothing worse
than a slow-loading file just sitting there looking like the app is
hung).

--
http://exolucere.ca