Re: Layer speedup

Am 25.08.2010 22:38, schrieb Jiří Techet:
On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 11:12, Russell Strong<russell strong id au>  wrote:
Hi,

The following patch replaces marker sorting ( by latitude ) with
clutter's set_depth to achieve the same result.

Using a modified animated-marker demo with 484 markers, this patch
reduces CPU using on my laptop from 80% to 19%.

There is still more that can be done, but that's now in clutter, which
appears to be sorting a list every time a depth is changed.

Any thoughts?
Nice! I've just applied it. I haven't measured the performance myself
but I believe your findings are correct and it's a nice simplification
as well. The only thing I have changed is that the code didn't take
into account the southern hemisphere where things are opposite - the
more you go to the south, the farther the markers should be. But this
bug was already present before your patch, I've just noticed it now.

Thanks!

Jiri
Will these patches also be in the next 0.6 release?
I tried to add 3000 marker to a layer with libchamplain 0.6.1 and it took unusable 110 seconds.
After applying the patch it decreased to only 8 seconds.