Re: Building Git repo

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 09:32, Cédric Bosdonnat
<cedric bosdonnat ooo free fr> wrote:
> Hi Jiri,
>
> On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 01:49 +0200, Jiří Techet wrote:
>> Nice! If you make the mono bindings usable and if you are willing to
>> maintain them for future libchamplain releases, we could re-add them
>> again to libchamplain's main distribution.
>
> Making them usable is ok for me though I can't promise for the long term
> maintenance. For that it would be better to be several persons knowing
> how it works.
>
> I had to rerun gapi2-parser because the C code of champlain-gtk has been
> refactored.
>
>> > I'm now getting some troubles to make it run, and had a look at the
>> > launcher-gtk demo. I wasn't able to run it due to a mix of GTK+3 and GTK
>> > +2.x symbols as I built clutter from git. Do you have any idea how I can
>> > fix that?
>>
>> Could you provide the errors you are getting? Myself I haven't tried
>> to compile libchamplain with GTK3 yet so there might be some problems
>> (even though not many I think).
>
> The message I get it the following:
> "Gtk-ERROR **: GTK+ 3 symbols detected. Using GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3 in the
> same process is not supported"
>
> To clarify things, I build clutter-gtk on an openSuse 11.3 box with
> Gnome:FACTORY repo activated. Then I have both gtk3 and gtk2 installed
> there...

Well, I'm afraid this means you really can't mix GTK3 libraries and
GTK2 libraries in your code. So you should build libchamplain (and all
other libraries your application depends on) against that GTK library
version you use for compiling your application.

Jiri