Re: Percision of champlain_view_get_coords_at

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Quikee <quikee gmail com> wrote:
> get_coords_at works correctly in my problem - I have inspected the
> values and they are consistent and not related to the problem.
>
> Firing the notify signal is just used for signaling changes of value -
> the actual value (latitude and longitude) is always updated so every
> time you say view.latitude or view.longitude the value is the correct
> value.

Yeah, it is weird, but I tested this and (in python)
map_view.get_property('latitude') and longitude provide correct values
even when notify signal hasn't fired (I tested this by moving the map
view as far as possible without firing the signal, and then adding map
marker at map center, and it does place the marker correctly at map
center, but get_coords_at gives stale results so when passed to
map_center, it centers on old location.

--
http://exolucere.ca