Re: [ANNOUNCE] libchamplain 0.6

2010/5/25 Tomaž Vajngerl <quikee gmail com>:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 9:36 PM, Łukasz Jernaś <deejay1 srem org> wrote:
>>
>> The plan is still in the works, while I get myself into the insides of
>> libchamplain (Jiri is probably scared after reading that sentence ;)
>> and Emerillon.
>> If there are cons for releasing with libchamplain 0.6 then please
>> write them here and I'll branch it off before the latest changes. The
>> plan for June is to close all remaining bugs and make emerillon GNOME
>> 3.0 ready.
>
> I have no problems with libchamplain-0.6 at all.. :) I was just asking
> because there was no talk around Emerillon at all (or I missed it). I
> would just like that Emerillon stabilizes and that the plan for the
> future is clear. I also hope that Emerillon is included in Gnome as a
> central map application, it is too late for Gnome 3.0 but I hope that
> we can recommend it for inclusion into Gnome 3.2. But first a new
> stable release with plugins would be great. :)

Well, you didn't miss anything :) Only that I'm the new maintainer as
Pierre-Luc moved on to other things.
Actually Emerillon didn't have a stable release yet, and I welcome new
API additions/ideas so feel free to share them with us if you have any
;)

> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 9:26 PM, Simon Wenner <simon wenner gmail com> wrote:
>>
>> No, Emerillon will not directly depend on Vala. It's only possible to write
>> plugins in Vala. If you don't have Vala or don't like Vala, then these
>> plug-ins will get disabled by configure and will not be built.
>>
>> But rewriting Emerillon in Vala is not a bad idea... ;-)
> I agree. :))

Sorry to disappoint you but I have no plans to do that _right now_ ;)

--
Łukasz