Re: [ANNOUNCE] libchamplain 0.6

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Tomaž Vajngerl <quikee gmail com> wrote:

> What is the plan for Emerillon anyway? Why is it "suddenly" dependent on Vala?

The plan is still in the works, while I get myself into the insides of
libchamplain (Jiri is probably scared after reading that sentence ;)
and Emerillon.
If there are cons for releasing with libchamplain 0.6 then please
write them here and I'll branch it off before the latest changes. The
plan for June is to close all remaining bugs and make emerillon GNOME
3.0 ready. Also I'll probably switch the plugin manager to libpeas,
but that shouldn't affect the plugin authors much.
The "sudden" dependency  isn't actually so sudden, because the only
two other developers working on Emerillon (you and Simon ;) that I
know of, prefer to write plugins in Vala and the next Emerillon
release together with the first emerillon-plugins release will feature
plugins written in Vala — sadly the last release of Vala has broken
libchamplain bindings. (that's 3 times vala and 2 times plugins in one
sentence, eek)
Actually Vala isn't a hard dependency, you can build it fine without
it (I hope, will test it tomorrow), but you'll miss some plugins…

Regards,
--
Łukasz