Re: drag-and-drop

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Pierre-Luc Beaudoin <pierre-luc pierlux com> wrote:
On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 06:32 +0200, Emmanuel Rodriguez wrote:

> Are planning on showing a thumbnail of the picture inside a marker? If
> yes then take a look at my branch "soup" there's a demo named
> "url-marker.c" that loads a GdkPixbug into a marker
> (http://gitorious.org/projects/libchamplain/repos/potyl-perl/blobs/soup/demos/url-marker.c#line93).
>

> Perhaps we should add a champlain-utils.c with some helper methods?

We could also follow Clutter's way.  As I am trying to make libchamplain
not depend on Gtk+,
I think that the Gdk/PixBug API is available as a standalone library as it doesn't require Gtk2. On my Ubuntu system I can find
libgdk-pixbuf-dev which provides gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.h

Isn't libchamplain already using the Gdk/PixBuf API for rendering the tiles? If yes, the how is avoiding the depedency to Gtk2?

we could still put a Gdk/gtk dependant method in the
libchamplain-gtk module: clutter_marker_set_image_from_pixbuf.  Would
that be useful?

Pierre-Luc
This will be useful but a bit restrictive as it would only work for markers. What if we would like to download a logo for a new map provider or put some random image in a fixed button? I think that it would be nice to have a generic method that transforms a GdkPixBuf into a CairoTexture.

--
Emmanuel Rodriguez