Re: champlain_marker_set_text

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Emmanuel Rodriguez <emmanuel rodriguez gmail com> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Colin Clark <cclark mcb net> wrote:
Hi

I'm having a problem with something rather basic. I have added the line:

champlain_marker_set_text (CHAMPLAIN_MARKER (actor), "Montréal in Québec");

at line 31 in markers.c in the demos sub-directory.

When clicking on the marker, I would expect the text to change, but it does not.
There's a bug with the current implementation. A marker gets updated ("refreshed") only when the main loop is idle but due to a bug in the code (the idle_id doesn't get reset) the idle update is performed only once per marker. There's a simple patch to "fix" this issue that I've uploaded in my branch named "idle" http://gitorious.org/projects/libchamplain/repos/potyl-perl/trees/idle, pull my patch from there or simply copy the file champlain/champlain-marker.c and recompile the project.

This will allow the markers to be updated but the update will be done wrong! The background of the marker is missing. Someone will need to take a deeper look at this, I can't do it for the moment as I'm at work.
I recompiled my stuff and everything works fine with my patch. Please, disregard my comment about the backgrounds been missing.

--
Emmanuel Rodriguez