[LaTeXila] [ANNOUNCE] LaTeXila 2.5.4 (beta)

Hey,

This beta release has some big changes, especially for packagers.
For those who wonders where is the 2.5.3 release, it's because there was
a build issue with the 2.5.3 version, but the tag and the commit were
already pushed on git, unfortunately. Making a tarball with the
Autotools is a bit different than with CMake… What, wait. Autotools?!
Yes, there is a switch from CMake to the Autotools, I explain the
reasons there:

http://blogs.gnome.org/swilmet/2012/09/05/switch-from-cmake-to-autotools/

Other important things for packagers:
- remove the GtkSpell dependency, add Enchant instead (GtkSpell is not
really still maintained, the source code has been imported).
- the gsettings-desktop-schemas dependency is now mandatory.
- please test this release, so if there are issues, I can fix them
before the stable release :)

Apart from that, the last few days I implemented the forward and
backward search with SyncTeX. Thanks to José Aliste for his work on
Evince and the synctex gedit plugin!

If there are no major problems, LaTeXila 2.6.0 will be out for the
beginning of October (2012, obviously!), a few days/weeks after
GNOME 3.6.0.

Cheers,
Sébastien

News (2.5.2 -> 2.5.4)
====

- Build system: switch from CMake to the Autotools
- SyncTeX: forward and backward search
- Import the GtkSpell source code
- Launcher: Added desktop actions (aka QuickList) (Matthieu Baerts)
- Document: warning when temporary location set (bug #681226)
- Make latexila work in application list (Pieter Pareit)
- File browser:
	- automatic updates (remove refresh button)
	- simplify settings and add a settings button
- Improve the user interface
- Add some extensions to the clean-extensions setting
- Update the documentation
- Various code cleanups and refactoring

- UI translations:
	- Christian Kirbach (de)
	- Daniel Mustieles (es)
	- Martin Srebotnjak (sl)
	- Matej Urbančič (sl)
	- Miguel Rodriguez (es)
	- Мирослав Николић (sr) (sr@latin)

About latexila
==============

LaTeXila is an Integrated LaTeX Environment for GNOME, written in
Vala.

The main features:

- Customizable buttons to compile, convert and view a document in one
click

- LaTeX commands completion

- Document structure to easily navigate in it

- Forward and backward search with SyncTeX

- Spell checking

- Lists of symbols (Greek letters, arrows, etc)

- Templates for creating new documents

- Easy projects management

- Some menus and toolbars with the principal LaTeX commands

Download
========
http://download.gnome.org/sources/latexila/2.5/latexila-2.5.4.tar.xz (1.00M)
  sha256sum: 2674bc74eecbde2da9cb84dd7176488d885961f364b5c1663662fed00401a8c2