Re: [LaTeXila] Moving to gnome.org

Hello Matias,

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 12:16:58PM -0300, Matias De la Puente wrote:
> El 09/06/11 22:00, Sébastien Wilmet escribió:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > Some of you already knew that I wanted to move to gnome.org. But nobody,
> > included me, knew _when_. It seems that now is a good moment, because
> > the new version approaches (hopefully released at the beginning of
> > July), and it would be shame to make the migration after the release.
> >
> > First, LaTeXila was hosted only on SourceForge (SF). But Git on SF is
> > not really good. So for the second version (the rewrite in Vala), the
> > code and other services like bug reports and feature requests have been
> > moved to GitHub (GH). But SF is still there for several services: web
> > site, downloads, and obviously this mailing-list (ML). What is missing?
> > Translations obviously! There is no service for the localisation (l10n).
> > Some projects use Launchpad (LP) for that. But I didn't want to open a
> > Launchpad project just for the translations, because a third place would
> > have been too difficult to manage.
> >
> > gnome.org (insert a nice abbreviation here) is a good platform. This
> > article [1] makes a good summarise. Right now, the web site [2] and the
> > Git repository [3] have already been migrated. Tomorrow I'll make the
> > request for the bugzilla, the ML, the l10n and copy the tarballs. I
> > consider to create also a wiki, so the web site doesn't require to be
> > modified often.
> >
> > The GitHub repository won't be closed, because creating a fork, make a
> > pull request, and so on... are convenient. I'll remove all the branches
> > and keep only the master one on GH. Anyway, creating a fork from another
> > branch is not a good idea, because I make some 'push --force' on them
> > (except for latexila-* and releases-* obviously).
> >
> > But GH is not absolutely required for code contributions, because the
> > bugzilla is also convenient to use: we can write annotations on patches,
> > interactions with Git is possible [4], etc.
> >
> > When the new ML will be created, you will be informed. This one will be
> > closed, but I don't know when.
> >

> Congrats for the migration!, i just sent a pull request for a spanish
> translation update that I made.
>
> Next time I send through bugzilla a patch with the translation?

I don't know exactly how it will work for translations, but it should be
easier. That was the main purpose of the migration to gnome.org.

For the *.po, commits will be made automatically, no need to make a pull
request, send a patch or send a mail. For the other files I'll see what
I can do.

Here is more information:
http://l10n.gnome.org/
http://blogs.gnome.org/johannes/2010/06/04/why-gnome-org-translations/

Anyway, thanks for the translation update, I'll take your commit.

For the 2.2 release, I'll make a second beta (2.1.1) with string freeze,
so you have the time to update the translation directly on gnome.org
before the final release.

Best regards,
Sébastien