las-gnome Questions to ask at the Venue

Hey Louisa!  Here are the pertinent questions.  We should save this in the wiki/issue going forward as a living document so that we don't have to rethink the questions for other venues.

1) What is the current speed supported over ethernet and wifi?
2) How many people are currently supported by the wifi today?
3) Is wifi coverage throughout the rooms?
4) What are our options in increasing the speed for the conference?
5)  What internet companies can we contact to upgrade the network? (kind of links back to #4)  Can we get a choice?  Any that provide non-profit discounts?
6) What is the costs associated with the upgrade (if we need it)
7) Can you wire ethernet to the other rooms?  It would be useful to be able to have hackfests with others in other rooms.  What would be the costs associated with that?
8) If something goes wrong with connectivity, who will be our first line of contact?  Will someone be on site to make sure things are okay?
9)  Will the upgraded network support live streaming?  What about the current one?
10) How many devices can be connected to the wireless at one time in the main room?  If we upgraded the wireless can we increase it?

Insurance questions:
1) Do you require insurance for  the event?
2) How much will the insurance be if required?
3) What is the process and how much in advance must be do it?

Catering options:
1) If we want to just to provide non-alcoholic drinks throughout the day, what would be the cost?
2) If we wanted to just have a morning service of coffee and croissants, what would be the cost for all 4 days, just the 2.5 days?
3) Can sponsors elect to pay for morning/afternoon beverages/food?
4) What would be the cost for an evening event on the rooftop with alcoholic beverages?

General questions:
1) Are there walkable lunch options in the area?
2) Evening dinner options?

I think that's all I got.  Let me know how things go, Louisa.  You can always reach me by phone if there are anything you need any support.  I'll be standing by!

Sri