Re: las-gnome press travel funding

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 6:14 AM Ekaterina Gerasimova via las-gnome <las-gnome gnome org> wrote:
On 18 July 2018 at 23:06, Rosanna Yuen <zana gnome org> wrote:
> I'm all for sponsoring speaker travel first. If we need to sponsor speakers
> to get them there, that's a higher priority than having press as otherwise
> there would be nothing for the press to cover.

Is the travel sponsorship not being handled by the TC?

When I was on the TC, the committee did indeed sponsor press people
and speakers, and prioritised them appropriately.

I asked in the irc channel and the response was that speakers will only be sponsored if they are Keynotes or foundation members.

Meg