Re: las-gnome speaker composition

Sorry, one other comment on this below:

On Thursday, September 15, 2016, meg ford <meg387 gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

On Thursday, September 15, 2016, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
I had some interesting feedback in regards to the speaker composition that we should address for next time.  Our speaker composition is 100% male and we should look to make sure that we have a much more even composition for next time.  It's unfortunate that it turned out that way.  Let's try to keep in that mind for next time.

This was unfortunate. Next time I'd like to get in front of this and ask for papers from more women. I think we'll have to make a concerted effort to increase the diversity of people submitting papers. I wish I had foreseen that but it's important to note for next time.

It's also worth noting that I and other members did contact potential women speakers but in the end none of the women we contacted were available. The percentage of papers submitted by women was unfortunately quite low.

Meg

Meg

sri