Re: las-gnome Decisions still pending..

Is there something wrong with tap water in Portland?  Just curious why you need to buy water from Costco.

Thanks,
Rosanna

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 12:49 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 9:36 AM Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 6:06 PM Nuritzi Sanchez <nuritzis stanfordalumni org> wrote:
Starbucks catering coffee is $13 and serves 12 people. Not a bad option... Can't we do starbucks + Costco muffins or something and keep it at less than $600?

OK folks, today is the deadline.  I don't see a particular conclusion for drinks.  The one issue with the above is that we still need to provide water throughout the day.

We're a small team and a very few of us have cars.  So there needs to be up front planning, and I don't know how much money will be saved doing it this way.

Let's try to make a decision before 2pm.  I will provide the data for the water since that is missing.

So let me weigh in on my opinion on this.  I prefer doing the $300 per day drinks because I don't want to micro manage the drinks, and doing things like making sure water is available or having to deal with people who want drinks and it's not there or anything like that while trying to take care of whatever other issues that might come up during the course of a conference.  It just seems like one less thing to worry about when doing a conference for the first time.  Already I have to run around trying to get pitchers, and call costco for water bottles etc.  There is a lot of logistics around monitoring drinks. :-)  Going to Costco is a 1.5 hour commitment from downtown Portland.

So how about I propose just doing Monday and Wednesday, where Wednesday is half day.  What do you think about that?  That will reduce prices further.

sri

sri