Re: las-gnome Papers Committee: Notes of meeting #1

Hi,

On Monday, May 2, 2016, Adelia Rahim <adeliarahim gmail com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Updates on action items please! We’re running a little behind on the call for papers which we had targeted for May 2.
I have included Meg’s update from previous email in the notes below.

best,
adelia

Notes of Papers Committee meeting #1 (25 April 2016, 14:00 UTC)

Present:
Sri
Rob
Meg
Cosimo
Adelia

Conference schedule:
- 3 days, from Monday to Wednesday
- Close main tracks early on Wednesday around 3 pm to make way for a workshop
- Thursday to Friday for BOFs
- Other mini events to include: Lightning talks and GNOME 3.22 Release party!

Tracks:
Start with broad generic tracks, and as we receive papers may have more clarity on grouping subjects
  • Plumbers style
  • Intel folks: graphics power, etc
    • graphics developer tools
  • Platform track
    • capture topics of plumbing, HW, drivers
  • Distribution track
  • Development track
    • tools, widgets
  • Ecosystem track
    • business, community, social

Plenary session:
Potential speakers to invite
- Alex
- Miguel
- Valve

Call for paper:
- Slotted for May 2, 2016
- To invite speakers for each track so it’s representative
- Talks can be up to 45 minutes
- Workshop duration is 1 hour 30 minutes

Action Items:

- @Rob to write first draft of press release for call for papers by April 27th.
- @Rob to ping John Vert at Valve
- @Rob to ping mjg59 re: speaking/sponsorship
- @Rob to ping jrp at Microsoft re: speaker/event/sponsorship
- @Rob to ping Jono at GitHub re: speaking/sponsorship
- @Cosimo to approach Matt re: plenary & sponsorship
- @Cosimo to reach out to Alex re: plenary
- @Cosimo to reach out to Guy Lunardi
- @Meg to approach Asheesh/Sandstorm.io re: speaking
Tentative yes from Asheesh. Had a couple of questions;
1) Q: Exact dates A: 19-21 September 2016
2) Q: Is the invitation specifically for him or is it possible for someone else from Sandstorm speak if he isn’t available?

Asheesh emailed me tonight to confirm that he can definitely speak.

Re: a call this week, Wednesday or Friday morning is best for me.

Meg

- @Sri to reach out to Rob Taylor at codethink re: speaking/sponsorship
- Reach out to Miguel? (unassigned)