Re: las-gnome Papers Committee: Notes of meeting #1

Hi everyone,

Updates on action items please! We’re running a little behind on the call for papers which we had targeted for May 2.
I have included Meg’s update from previous email in the notes below.

best,
adelia

Notes of Papers Committee meeting #1 (25 April 2016, 14:00 UTC)

Present:
Sri
Rob
Meg
Cosimo
Adelia

Conference schedule:
- 3 days, from Monday to Wednesday
- Close main tracks early on Wednesday around 3 pm to make way for a workshop
- Thursday to Friday for BOFs
- Other mini events to include: Lightning talks and GNOME 3.22 Release party!

Tracks:
Start with broad generic tracks, and as we receive papers may have more clarity on grouping subjects
  • Plumbers style
  • Intel folks: graphics power, etc
    • graphics developer tools
  • Platform track
    • capture topics of plumbing, HW, drivers
  • Distribution track
  • Development track
    • tools, widgets
  • Ecosystem track
    • business, community, social

Plenary session:
Potential speakers to invite
- Alex
- Miguel
- Valve

Call for paper:
- Slotted for May 2, 2016
- To invite speakers for each track so it’s representative
- Talks can be up to 45 minutes
- Workshop duration is 1 hour 30 minutes

Action Items:

- @Rob to write first draft of press release for call for papers by April 27th.
- @Rob to ping John Vert at Valve
- @Rob to ping mjg59 re: speaking/sponsorship
- @Rob to ping jrp at Microsoft re: speaker/event/sponsorship
- @Rob to ping Jono at GitHub re: speaking/sponsorship
- @Cosimo to approach Matt re: plenary & sponsorship
- @Cosimo to reach out to Alex re: plenary
- @Cosimo to reach out to Guy Lunardi
- @Meg to approach Asheesh/Sandstorm.io re: speaking
Tentative yes from Asheesh. Had a couple of questions;
1) Q: Exact dates A: 19-21 September 2016
2) Q: Is the invitation specifically for him or is it possible for someone else from Sandstorm speak if he isn’t available?

- @Sri to reach out to Rob Taylor at codethink re: speaking/sponsorship
- Reach out to Miguel? (unassigned)