las-gnome Notes | LAS GNOME Meeting July 29th

Hi All,

Here are our notes from today. The big takeaways are:
  1. We need the budget today or by this weekend at the absolute latest (in time for the Board meeting).

  2. Alexandre will talk during the Board meeting about the conference updates since Nuritzi will be traveling.

  3. We need to pick the speakers and get the registration page done next week by Friday, August 5th.

That means we'll be able to advertise speakers and encourage attendance on the week of August 8th.

I'll be traveling from tomorrow, Saturday, July 31st until GUADEC with little connectivity. I'll be back in the US on August 19th. Until I return, I don't know how many meeting I'll be able to make so will need others to help drive things forward. Sri will lead the next meeting, and Adelia will take notes. Thank you both!

Best,
Nuritzi

July 29, 2016
Attendees: Justin, Alexandre, Adelia, Sri, Nuritzi

  • Weekly Updates:
  • Speakers (Meg): Matthew Garrett confirmed. Stil only 5 talks submitted.
  • Registered participants (Adelia): 5 people including Sri and Alexandre
  • Sponsorship: $7K

  • Action Items:
  • @Sri - talk to Christian and Dirk / Linus
  • @Sri - needs to have the registration page fixed by Friday, August 5th.
  • - get budget!!!!!!!!!!!!! send it to las gnome list for review

  • @Adelia - send out a meeting poll to the talks team and help schedule a meeting to select the final talks. Let the team know that once speakers have been selected they need to confirm attendance aandsubmit a photo and 2 sentences about themselves. Those photos and sentences need to be sent to Alexandre so he can update the schedule page to be something like this: http://www.communityleadershipsummit.com/schedule/

  • @Alexandre - on Friday - Aug 5th: make sure we've decided speaker line up.  Update the schedule with talk title and speaker name.
  • @Alexandre - talk about the LAS GNOME updates during the next Board meeting and get their approval

  • @Adelia and Nuritzi - start a draft to GNOME about registration and blast about speaker line up.

  • @Justin - Find out if we can market to local colleges. Lead discussion on social events with local group on Satuday.

  • ABOUT THE NEXT MEETING:
  • @Sri - will organize next meeting.
  • @Adelia - will take notes next meeting.

    Moving pieces:
        Budget in order to decide fees --> fees need to be updated on the website and reg page --> email and digital marketing can begin.

    Other Speakers:
        We need to select those by next week so need to plan a meeting.

    SUSE Attendance:
  •     We have 3 people coming from SUSE for a code sprint. There is a conference in Washington that conflicts.

    Sri and Teresa walked through the venue. Danielle is an events planner.

    Social Events:
        Local team will come up with free, cheap and "best case scenario" options during their meeting tomorrow.

    Affects Schedule
    We have the venue from 8am and must leave by 6pm. We should end the conference by 5 pm.

    Headline Speakers:
        Alexandre just put up Matthew Garrett's speaker profile on the front page.

    Marketing:
        Can start the week of August 8th.

Nuritzi Sanchez  |  +1.650.218.7388 |  Endless