2/18/2016 Meeting Minutes

02/18/2016

Attendees: Doug, Sri, Alexandre, Rosanna, Adelia

Agenda:
* Discussion on venues for fundraising and what the cost should be
  * We don't want to make money on the events, our job is to smiply facilitate an event to happen, and the event will help drive registration.
  * System for Sri to find venues, and for Adelia and others to get the information:
        * 160 attendees
        * what the catering options?  Food, wine, so forth
        * cost for one evening
* Evening event is opentional, at the venue - have catering options from a foodcart person sri knows who is also a well known kernel developer

Promotion
* web site  needs to be done - need logo, need content
* lightening talks at conferences
* LWN or open source.com article
* Hackfest at Linuxfest Northwest on GNOME Builder - promotional fliers with logo at conferences as well
* LinkedIn -
* Pycon
* Bryan Lunduke
* Swapnil
* Cross promote., need to talk about it in gnome.asia  and GUADEC
* where do we find sponsors -

* Media plan

We start with the promotions,
* Web server
* Open items

Wireless - big problem as the cost is 6k to setup.  Need to find out other options.

Action items:
    * Sri to continues to provide venues
    * Adelia contact, (or any other person)
    * Check in on Tueday -
    * logo needs to be created (Cassandra was interested?)

Opens
* Consider move the meeting so that all active members can participate?