Re: las-gnome Fwd: can you weigh in on website? las.gnome.org

Great! I'll add "incorporating Nathan's feedback into the website" as an action item on the "needs an owner" section of our etherpad. If someone has time to incorporate it, please just add a "DONE - by [your name]" next to the action item.

Thanks for forwarding, Sri!

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 8:47 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
Feedback from Nathan regarding our website.

sri

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Nathan Willis <nwillis glyphography com>
Date: Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 11:39 AM
Subject: Re: can you weigh in on website? las.gnome.org
To: Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me>

Righto.  Couple o notes:

- I would lose the "and/or" in the first paragraph; just make it an 'or'

- In 'who should attend', I'd change "want to expand the distribution" to "want to extend its reach"

I also think I would move the "what is the purpose of this conference" section up to the top. I would also do a couple of small wording changes to that paragraph, like so:

"
This is a new free and open-source software conference. We want to improve the developer experience, extend software-distribution models, and evolve the desktop experience to match our non-Linux platform competitors.

How? By empowering attendees with the knowledge and resources necessary to create a vibrant Linux application market.
We encourage participants to explore subjects spanning from the kernel, to the user experience, to the social and legal questions surrounding the Linux application ecosystem.

"

Also, in the "here are some topics" bullet-point list, note that two of the bullet points end with a period and two end with no punctuation.  Either's fine, but they oughta all be the same.

That's my five-minute take.  Otherwise I'd say I think it looks really good!

Nate