Re: Re:Octave bindings for GTK+

Hi Muthiah,

On Sun, 2004-07-18 at 17:26 +0530, Muthiah Annamalai wrote:
> >From what you said, I understood that
>
> 1: I must manually write 'C++' wrappers for interfacing Octave
>    with GLib & GOBject.
> 2: Then I could use SWIG at some point of time to ceate the binding
>    code for all the GTK+ widgets & GDK.
> 3: I could then write Octave wrappers to access the internal
>    dynamically loaded C++ functions of Octave.

Also consider the possibility of embedding another language within
Octave. Since Octave is a dynamic language, an appropriate language for
this might be python, perl, or scheme.

Also: don't abuse ints ;) If I read the NEWS.gz correctly, you can
define new disjoint data types. It's important to be able to discern if
something is an object or an int -- otherwise you enter the Cave of the
Neverending Segfault.

In any case, good luck.

Cheers,
--