Re: Ch binding to GTK+

Hi Murray ,

> 1. The license in the download looks unacceptable. You can't tell
> someone that they can't modify GTK+ code.

You are right.  We talked to atterney from fsf some time back and
modify the license for the Windows Ch toolkit for GTK+.
Obviously we made an mistake in updating the license in Unix/linux.
We have just updated it in our website. You can retry and download
the package again. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

> 2. You _probably_ should provide source downloads of GTK+ also,
whenever
> you provide binary downloads.

If the user asks GTK+ 1.2 source code from us, they will get it.
However, most users prefer to go to www.gtk.org
for the official version of source code.

> 3. Have you modified GTK+ at all?

We have a slight modification for the header files.
If GTK+ developers can include those changes in their original
distribution, it will be great. Do you know what we need to
do in terms of code contribution and what is the policy for
GTK+ to take changes?

> I'm sure you want to do the right thing. I just want to help you to
show
> that you have.

Thanks for your suggestion.

BTW, do you know how to get http://www.gtk.org/bindings.html to add a
link
to our website?. We will make a new release for Ch on Linux soon. It
will
be free for personal and business use.  I think many GTK+ users
might be interested.

Thanks,

Wayne Cheng
http://www.softintegration.com
Ch: A superset of C/C++ interpreter for cross platform scripting