Re: Ch binding to GTK+

Hello Andreas,

> Am Montag, 13. Januar 2003 20:08 schrieb Murray Cumming:
>
> > > The package bundles GTK+ binary and headers. It doesn't require seper=
> ate
> > > download of GTK+.
> >
> > 1. The license in the download looks unacceptable. You can't tell
> > someone that they can't modify GTK+ code.
> Actually, AFAIK, you have to provide the user with the abilitiy to relink=
>  your=20
> app with a newer GTK+ version. (LGPL provisio)

We did not modify the original GTK+ lib.

If you want to upgrade the GTK+ version, you can just
overwrite your existing old GTK+ library vesrion in a specified
directory. Everything will work fine.

The GTK+ library to Ch GTK+ toolkit is what
Linux OS and to any applications such as Oracle database.
In most cases, the old Oracle database will run on Linux with the newer
version of Linux OS.

Of course, if your new GTK+ version changed the APIs or added new APIs,
those changed APIs might not work automatically after upgrading
library.

For this case, you can still make it work with our development kit
(Ch SDK). Ch SDK allows you to interface Ch with any C/C++
libraries such as GTK+, OpenGL, X/Motif, ODBC, Win32 and any other
third party libraries.

More about Ch SDK can be found at
   http://www.softintegration.com/products/sdk/chsdk/

Regards,

Wayne Cehng
Ch: A superset of C/C++ interpreter for cross platform scripting
Ch GTK+: http://www.softintegration.com/products/toolkit/gtk