Re: A GNOME Bindings release set?

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

> So, is anybody going to take part in this? I would like to get moving
> quickly because it is already quite late in the GNOME release schedule. That
> means getting some test tarballs released in a couple of weeks time.

Just an update from yet-another-gnome-binding: Work has been going on
pretty good on a guile binding set for gnome. I would really like to
make guile an attractive option for creating gnome apps, so stability is
a goal -- obviously, however, we can't make it for 2.6. I like this
idea, though, and I hope to meet you for 2.8, at least with a subset of
the stack.

One question: If language bindings are not included in the gnome core
platform, can you write official gnome apps in languages other than C?

Best regards, and thanks for the work on languages,

wingo.