re: assign default first option to file type?

Thanks, I don't know how some of my text files got executable permissions, but that was it! :)

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 6:15 AM, Benni the Manic <M Manico gmx at> wrote:
I think the reason is that some of your text files have execute permissions, and kupfer uses that information to propose "run" over "open".
In general this behaviour is wanted, since an executable file will mostly be executed but rarely edited (please keep in mind that file extensions are more or less just decoration)
Removing execute permissions from those text files (why do they need execute permissions anyway?) would be a solution.

Maybe there is away to make kupfer prefer "open" over "run" independent of any permission information but I don't know about it and it may be a bit more involved.

Kind regards!