assign default first option to file type?

When I locate some text files (not all), the first option is often "run (execute)" rather than "open", so quite often when I'm in a hurry I select the file and press Enter, and nothing happens, and then I select the file again and see that its defaulted to "run", which I then have to tab and type "op" to open.

Is there a way to force kupfer to always make "open" the first option to come up on the right when I select a text file?