Re: kupfer in archlinux

---------- Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:48:22 +0330 ----------
kraxadmin <kraxadmin gmail com> wrote:

> I don't know if it is distro related or not.
> But i want to start kupfer with toggle text mode; how could I do that?
> how could i add Suggestion mode?

(summarizing what was said in IRC)
Suggestions for text mode doesn't exist, unfortunately.
As for summoning Kupfer in text mode: currently there is no feature for that,
but you can add the following line:

self.interface.toggle_text_mode(True)

to the end of WindowController.on_present (kupfer/ui/browser.py around line
2192) to do basically that, although it means you'll always lose your pane
selections when you show and hide Kupfer.

We could consider adding either a shortcut key to show kupfer in text mode,
or a command line argument so that the user has the option to show kupfer in
text mode by other means (such as a trigger).  Or not.

-David