Re: Default action for shell scripts

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 5:40 PM, Ulrik Sverdrup <ulrik sverdrup gmail com> wrote:
2011/3/11 SanskritFritz <sanskritfritz gmail com>:
> When I choose an executable shell script in kupfer, de default action is
> Open. I want Execute as default action. How can I achieve this?

It's a bit hard at the moment, execute will win out eventually if you
use it enough. But the ranking mechanism needs to be made a bit more
flexible.

Yeah, and the problem is that most of the time I just blindly press enter without checking the action (which is Open), so I even slow down the learning process. How can I manually modify the ranking?

One problematic thing is that there are too many files
marked executable that are not scripts .. but we can fix that with
mimetype sniffing..

That would be nice, although I think we should take care of those files. It is true that copying jpg files from a windows partition produces files marked as executable, so this is a real problem and this way we would be encouraged to take care of them :)