Re: Kupfer and python3

2010/11/2 Ulrik Sverdrup <ulrik sverdrup gmail com>:
> When you ask for a Kupfer version that works with both Python 3 and
> Python 2 I don't think you know how much you are asking. I will tell
> you: A lot! It may never be possible to support both from the same
> tarball, and porting to Python 3 will take some effort. It's not that
> I haven't thought about it before (I try to write modern Python and
> use Python 2.6 features that help Py3-porting), but it's not only our
> Python code -- All support libraries have to be ported too. For this I
> give you this list that is probably incomplete: We need Python 3 ports
> of PyGTK and PyGObject/GIO, python-keybinder, dbus, wnck, and then add
> modules used by plugins, like gdata for google APIs etc.

Now I have found out that this will be possible in the future,
PyGObject and gobject-introspection will, once a few remaining bugs
are sorted out and more introspection annotations written, work
perfectly for Kupfer. It can help both getting it to work with Python
3 and GTK+ 3. g-i also gives python applications access to all the API
instead of just a python-wrapped portion, which can give a lot more
possibilities.

Ulrik