Re: [PLUGIN] vCards

2010/3/6 David Schneider <dnschneid gmail com>:
> This plugin indexes directories of vCards (*.vcd), allowing you to compose mail to the contacts inside.
>
> However, I'm not sure how to create the configuration for selecting multiple directories to monitor (currently it is just hard-coded for testing).
> Also, folders aren't recursively monitored--I'm not sure of the best way to do that, nor am I sure if it is necessary.
>
> Could anyone help finish what I started?
>
> The plugin depends on the vobject module, which hopefully isn't an issue.
>
> Thanks!
> -David

Hi David,

I forgot this email, I was not at home at that time.

What you propose suggests a new mechanism -- modifying how we
understand files. Kupfer could have one central file indexer, and
plugins would modify it by supplying parts to understand vCard files
as contents for example. It's a pretty big/new idea but it would be
interesting to explore.

Right now, Karol has some patches to supply plugins with the
possibility of a custom settings dialog -- so with that, this plugin
could have its own directory configuration.

Ulrik