Re: Kupfer on KDE [aka use Dolphin instead of Nautilus]

2010/3/10 Pedro Francisco <pedrogfrancisco gmail com>:
> Hi!
> I'm using Kupfer in KDE because krunner is too slow.
>
> Thanks to having Dropbox installed I had to install Nautilus after installing
> KDE.
>
> As such, Kupfer is opening directories with Nautilus.
>
> I gave a quick look to ~/.gconf and /etc/alternatives but it seems it's not
> there it's getting its config.
>
> Any pointers?

Hi Pedro,

This is an important issue, we don't hear from many KDE users, so
thanks for sending this email.

Kupfer uses GLib (GIO) for Applications and Application's file
associations. It seems these are not synchronized with KDE. You can
change these file associations in nautilus (file properties dialog) or
from Kupfer itself with the "Set Default Application..." from the
Applications plugin. The intention of this Kupfer action is to have
global effect, i.e if you change the file association in Kupfer, it
will change what happens when you double-click the file in your file
browser itself too.

Please try this Kupfer command:

(Find any folder, like your home) -> Set Default Application ->
(Choose your file browser)

Since these GLib application associations are not synchronized with
KDE, this setting should take effect only in Kupfer (and in Nautilus,
although Nautilus does not use the particular association for folders,
of course).

Hope this helps,
Ulrik