Re: Does Kupfer learn, or not?

2010/6/25 Tobias Wolf <towolf gmail com>:
> Salve, new user here.
>
> I have a feeling to have picked up somewhere that Kupfer doesn’t tally
> the frequency with which actions have been launched /and learn from
> that/. Is that true, or am I just using it wrongly?
>
> For example, every time I summon K. and want »Terminal« I start to type
> me always choosing Terminal in the end. Is this normal?
>
> I’ve previously used Do, and after a while the most frequently used
> things had single letter access making the experience almost subliminal.
>
> Chromi does it the same way with urls.
> Am I missing something?
>
> --Tobias

Kupfer learns.

If you run it as 'kupfer --debug' it will also show the rank for a
given query of each object, so that you can check how the rank changes
when you  select an object. It should pick up your T choice very
quickly. If somehow kupfer does not quit gracefully when you log out
or when you kill it, kupfer won't have a chance to save its learnings
for the next session.

HTH
Ulrik