Passwords and so

Hi.

Karol, I'm not reading all your ongoing google plugin stuff, but I
will later if you want me to. I just wanted to share some of the new
things we have to take care of for this kind of plugin.

We need to store user credentials. I imagined we could rely on
something like python-keyring in this case: it's a library that
abstracts access to the user's installed keyring. (It says it supports
Gnome Keyring and KWallet right now). I'm not sure if it has a
fallback if no keyring service is found. Using that, we can store the
password in the keyring and password safety won't be our problem and
the user will feel safer.

Custom preferences: There is no method for this now, but it should be
made possible for the plugin to pass a gtk Widget object to the
plugin_support.PluginSettings object. Kupfer will then display this
widget in place of the normal configuration widgets. The widget can be
just a button to launch another window under the plugin's control
("Set User Credentials").

When the google plugin doesn't have credentials from the keyring/ the
credentials are invalid, it should just insert a "Please configure
user credentials" object into the catalog. When run this object should
open the preferences window for the right plugin
(kupferui.show_plugin_info(..)).

Let me know if you have any feedback,
Ulrik