Pidgin status

I have added the ability to change between Pidgin's saved statuses to
http://github.com/wfriesen/kupfer
So far all the statuses are obtained via dbus, along with their title,
and this is used to yield the appropriate StatusLeaf objects.
So far, each object just uses the pidgin icon, but I'd like to change that.
Each saved status can have a 'type' (which can be obtained from a dbus
method), which corresponds to one of
STATUS_OFFLINE = 1
STATUS_AVAILABLE = 2
STATUS_UNAVAILABLE = 3
STATUS_INVISIBLE = 4
STATUS_AWAY = 5
STATUS_EXTENDED_AWAY = 6
STATUS_MOBILE = 7
STATUS_TUNE = 8
On my system pidgin stores some icons in
/usr/share/pixmaps/pidgin/status which match up with several of the
above status types.
Ideally when a saved status matches one of these types, the
appropriate icon would be used, but I am still unfamiliar with how
kupfer finds icons to use.