Re: Pidgin Plugin Rebased

2009/10/28 Chmouel Boudjnah <chmouel chmouel com>:
> Hi Ulrik,
>
> Great, I had multiple conflicts with my github tree for no apparent reasons
> so I just blew my repo and get your pidgin-cleanup-1 branch to my tree.
>
> I don't think there is much more to do thoughts.

I have 2 + 1 patches.

First two are trivial, to fix up sorting and icons. We could use a
composed icon for the OpenChat action until we find a real "Start
Chat" icon (In the future, perhaps we could bundle such an icon with
the pidgin plugin or with kupfer itself.

Those changes are in

http://github.com/engla/kupfer/commits/pidgin-cleanup-1

Then I have an issue with OpenChat. Does it always focus the new chat
for you? It works fine if you have no chat window open, but If I
already have a chat window open, it just opens a new tab without even
focusing the tab or the window. Do you have an idea if we can improve
that?

Finally, I have a patch to harmonize gajim and pidgin a bit, I'll
reply with that patch.. to make the Contact descriptions mostly the
same. Do you really think we need to show the user's ID/email in the
description? Pidgin does not show it by default. If we drop that, we
can show the user's status string in the same line and avoid a
multi-line description (although it's not a back hack).

Ulrik