Re: Kupfer and Python 2.6

2009/11/5 Chmouel Boudjnah <chmouel chmouel com>:
> Hi,
>
> This make sense but debian stable is only providing python2.5 as
> default and python2.6 as optional in unstable but not al the packages
> dependences are compiled for 2,6. This could be a lot of users
> (including me :()

Great to hear someone else uses Debian, I do too. I was not clear
enough -- I don't want to move Kupfer until Debian supports Python
2.6. (I can run Kupfer on Py 2.6 right now on debian, but you have to
1) install python 2.6 from experimental, 2) rebuild packages pygtk,
pygobject and dbus-python)

The question is -- when does Debian support Python 2.6? When it
reaches testing, all is good. But what if Python 2.6 stays in
unstable? (I don't think it is likely that this would happen, it would
only come into debian if it could immediately transition to testing).

I think, as soon as Python 2.6 (and dependencies!) begin to trickle
into unstable, we can release a Kupfer exclusively for it.

Ulrik