[jokosher-devel] Weekly Report 07 - 12/07/2010

Hi everyone,

Here's my report for this week, I haven't done as much as I'd like but
I hope that next week I'll get more done. I've been struggling a bit
with modifying the existing code as I'm not used to it. You can find
the blog post at [0] as well as a mid term summary at [1]. You can
also find the Bzr branch of the current code at [2].

----------------------------Weekly Report text---------------------
What I've done this week:

This week I've been working on getting a stave/staff to draw correctly
in the score track. After some discussion with my Mentor we've decided
that the best way to represent the scores is to have a midi track
option for every track that currently exists and have the instrument
change to whatever has been selected ( so an electric guitar for
electric guitar scores etc.). I've been struggling with trying to get
the cache overridden so that I can base it on beats/measures and I'd
hoped that I'd have that work finished by the end of the week but I've
had some family issues to deal with which has meant I haven't had the
time to do it towards the end of the week. That's all sorted so I plan
on doing as much work as possible this week to get the cache
overridden and the notes adding ability nearly completed.

You can find the screenshot at [3].

Hopefully I'll have more to report on by the end of next week and
maybe something that actually has some use!.

What I plan to do next week:

Actually finish a lot of the drawing elements for the Score tracks and
have the rudimentary ability to add notes.

What I've learned:

That modifying existing code can be more difficult than I thought.
There are a lot of things to consider and I think my lack of
experience/skill has really hampered my efforts in the last few weeks.
Hopefully I'll be able to overcome these issues and have the work
finished by the end of the Summer Of Code as I'm worried that I might
not reach the end with a finished product at this point.

[0] - http://wp.me/pjdJf-2q
[1] - http://wp.me/pjdJf-2o
[2] - https://code.launchpad.net/~redache/jokosher/MusicXMLEditor
[3] - http://redache.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/score.png

Thanks for reading,
David Williams
Extending Jokosher with a Musical Notation Editor.