Re: [jokosher-devel] Running Jokosher svn on Fedora Core 6

Hi John,

Forgive the substandard formatting and reply however I have only just re-joined the list after seeing your message - lets see what mailman does with it.

I've been attempting to install all the bits of gstreamer needed to run svn
Jokosher on Fedora Core 6 recently and so I was interested in snecklifter's
update to the wiki (welcome back snecklifter btw) that all necessary
packages are now in core, updates and extras. This has not been my
experience of the last few days. Maybe I'm missing something obvious. I am
very much a FC6 noob ;)

You're not missing anything. I see you have already resolved the issue but will add my 2 drachmas. I have just updated the rpm so it now requires a version of gstreamer that doesn't exist in FC6. I originally filed a bug/feature request asking for the gstreamer version to be bumped in FC6 - wishful thinking. The answer, fair enough, was to provide my own gstreamer rpms if necessary or pull from F7. The page you have updated is probably the best way to go about it for FC6 now - I am now running F7-devel and mainly focused on this as a target.

So now nearly everything works. I can import and export ogg and mp3 fine.
But I don't get effects as the binary rpm from the gstreamer repo isn't
built with ladspa. grrr.

I have added ladspa as a dependency.

So please snecklifter (or anybody) where are these magic repos where
everything just works :(

Just works? Ah, then you'll be glad to learn about the possible appearance in F7 of Codec Buddy. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureCodecBuddy

Regards
Chris

P.S. Thanks for the welcome back - nice to know I've been missed. I have just returned from paintballing at the exact same spot we went to after the first LUGRadio Live in 2005 so was able to use my prior knowledge to good use!