Re: [jokosher-devel] Jokosher packages on other distributions

On 6/12/07, Chris Brown <snecklifter gmail com> wrote:
On 12/06/07, Francis Giannaros <francis giannaros org> wrote:
> On 6/12/07, Chris Brown <snecklifter gmail com> wrote:
> >  - No other distros included it by default until very recently due to
its
> > bleeding edge requirements until recently (Fedora 7 now has it
installable
> > with yum and I think Gentoo users have an ebuild available to them)
>
> And yet several other distributions have been packaging it all along,
> and there have been at least a couple of threads even posted directly
> on this list informing the developers of it, as well as directly
> sending emails, etc :-)

I'm not disagreeing with you. I don't think it looks good and do think it
needs to be fixed. What other distributions have it ready to run except for
those already mentioned? I've heard nothing about Mandriva or
OpenSuse/SLED/NLED/Whatever-its-called-these-days....

Sorry I meant to say "it's been packaged for other distributions all
along". On openSUSE it's probably going to be available in 10.3, but
the Packman repository <http://packman.links2linux.org/> (most popular
3rd-party repository on openSUSE) always has the latest version of
Jokosher.

Regards,
--
Francis Giannaros   http://francis.giannaros.org