Re: [jokosher-devel] Nearing the freeze

On 28/01/07, David Corrales <corrales david gmail com> wrote:
I think the idea is to have two sites, not just one. The official one and
docs. I created a jokosherized theme for the docs site that makes it look
like jokosher but with a wiki format.

Right. We're talking about moving from 3 sites to 2 (that actually
looks like 1). I don't have a problem with one wiki, but I was
convinced when we originally dicussed this that we needed 2.

If we have just one docs site (one wiki), it needs to have its own
theme that makes it obvious it's a wiki and easy to use as a wiki. We
can not have different themes for different parts of the wiki. One of
the immutable goals for the docs site was that it must look like
jokosher.org. If that goal has changed, I'm all for it.

We also cannot have different ACLs for different parts of the wiki.
That was another serious consideration when we built the site. If we
use one wiki, we need to have a security model that lets anyone edit
but also lets us lock certain parts of the site (the released
documentation). This is hard to do on one wiki. Our security needs may
have changed, however.

Hopefully we can get Aq to weigh in on this.

--
Jeff Ratliff (Gomer_X)