Re: [jokosher-devel] Fwd: Volume fades UI

On 9/18/06, Laszlo Pandy <laszlok2 gmail com> wrote:
Unless I am misunderstanding you, this does not fix the problem. If
you select the middle portion of an event and then drag the right-hand
side fademarker, the portion from the right side of the selection to
the end of the event gets its volume decreased as well. I think it is
more intuitive that the fademarkers only ever make changes to the
portion of audio that is selected, no?

Yes, I completely agree - I think it should only change the selected
audio - the whole concept of the selection drawer that appears below
is to apply something to that selection, and I think volume fades
should be the same.
Now, I can see the value in the fade marker also affecting volume to
the end of the track, so it may make sense to be able to double click
the fade mark (or some other way of cliking) and it applies the fade
to the rest of the track.

To be honest, I think for 0.2 we need to get *something* in place for
doing fades, and we can refine it for 0.3. Personally I would suggest
that the current selection method is used, but it applies the fade
*inside* the selectio, as Laszlo pointed out. Make sense? I am
certainly open to ideas if anyone has a better solution.

 Jono