Re: [jokosher-devel] IMPORTANT: Stuff to do for 0.2

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 12:21, Laszlo Pandy wrote:
> Jono Bacon a écrit :
>
> And finally, please write more extensions! Here is the Hello World
> Jokosher extension:
> #!/usr/bin/python
> from Jokosher.Extensions import API
> import gtk
>
> #callback for menu entry
> def HelloWorld():
> 	#launch gtk dialog
> 	dlg = gtk.MessageDialog(message_format="Hello World")
> 	dlg.run()
> 	dlg.destroy()
>
> #called by Jokosher when it wants up to startup
> def startup(API):
> 	API.add_menu_item("Hello World GTK", HelloWorld)

There's a couple of mistakes here, actually, it should be Jokosher.Extension
and the function HelloWorld needs an argument (it gets passed the
gtk.MenuItem). So what I had to get this to work was:

#!/usr/bin/python
from Jokosher.Extension import API
import gtk

#callback for menu entry
def HelloWorld(arg):
        #launch gtk dialog
        dlg = gtk.MessageDialog(message_format="Hello World")
        dlg.run()
        dlg.destroy()

#called by Jokosher when it wants up to startup
def startup(API):
        API.add_menu_item("Hello World GTK", HelloWorld)

I also have a problem with the Jokosher script setting up the PYTHONPATH
properly. I usually run the script from within the Jokosher directory by
calling

./Jokosher

However, the nested dirname's don't give the parent in this case since
dirname , is still just . and not .. (this is probably not easy to read but I
know what I mean). However if I call it from anywhere else or use

../Jokosher/Jokosher

then it's fine. Can anyone with better bash knowledge sort this?

--
John Green

john thegreens co uk