Re: [jokosher-devel] SVG vs. PNG loading on startup

On 31/08/06, Laszlo Pandy <laszlok2 gmail com> wrote:

On 8/31/06, Stuart Langridge <sil kryogenix org> wrote:
> I'd suggest that they're created during the package build process; I
> still think we should avoid having downloaders run "make" or similar
> before Jokosher will work.

There's no reason for the *user* to ever have to run make.

Absolutely.

Then packaging would simply be a process of running all the makes to
make sure everything it up to date, and taking the needed files. There
would be no extra build process scripts and the user would not be
required to do anything -- even if they did a straight checkout from SVN.

Running make before or during the packaging process is no biggie - it just should be documented that this should happen if others wish to create packages in the future.

Chris