Re: [jokosher-devel] what to prepare for demo?

On 10/23/06, Khusro Jaleel <kerneljack gmail com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I've now got my Ubuntu Edgy laptop setup with Jokosher 0.2 and I've added a
vocal and tried arming and recording. I've recorded a little bit of my
voice. So I think it's working, except it's giving me a LOT of errors. If I
try to add a second track, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It
keeps showing a dialog with the message:

"Argh! Something went wrong and a serious error occurred:

GStreamer encountered a general stream error.

gstbasesrc.c(1610): gst_base_src_loop ():
/timeline/playbackbin/Instrument_2/gnlcomposition2/gnlsource2/audiotestsrc2:
streaming task paused, reason not-linked (-1)

Make sure you have a *very* recent GStreamer CVS - a patch was
reverted today in the CVS, so make sure CVS is from the 24th Oct.

It is recommended that you report this to the Jokosher developers or get
help at http://www.jokosher.org/forums/";

Report it to this list if possible.

Anyway I'm going to read the docs now to understand what this app can do. I
don't know if this is going to work stably enough on my laptop for
Wednesday. I hope one of you guys can help me fix it if need be.

Sure, we can help where possible. :)

 I wanted to know how much I should learn before Wed, is a basic
understanding enough? Do I have to be prepared to do a full demo?

Just learn as much as you can. Its a breeze. :)

The other thing I wanted to know is what time am I supposed to get there? Do
we have to get there early because we are working at the booth?

Get there as early as you can, preferably around 8am. If anyone has
any problems, mention you are an exhibitor for the Jokosher stand and
ask to speak to Brian Teeman or me.

 Jono