[jokosher-devel] Jokosher won't launch after r764.

With the current revision of SVN, Jokosher fails to launch complaining about the inability to register a new GType. Lukas reported this on IRC and its really bizarre. I spent some time figuring out how to fix it, but I still have no clue why it happened in the first place:

/home/laszlo/Software/SVN/jokosher/JonoEdit/trunk/Jokosher/TimeView.py:17: Warning: cannot register existing type `TimeView'
  class TimeView(gtk.EventBox):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./Jokosher/Jokosher", line 105, in ?
    localFileOrGlobalFileImport("JokosherApp")
  File "./Jokosher/Jokosher", line 33, in localFileOrGlobalFileImport
globals()[importName] = __import__("Jokosher." + importName, None, None, True) File "/home/laszlo/Software/SVN/jokosher/JonoEdit/trunk/Jokosher/JokosherApp.py", line 14, in ?
    import AddInstrumentDialog, TimeView, CompactMixView
File "/home/laszlo/Software/SVN/jokosher/JonoEdit/trunk/Jokosher/TimeView.py", line 17, in ?
    class TimeView(gtk.EventBox):
RuntimeError: could not create new GType

I'm not sure why it effects TimeView.py or why it has anything at all to do with a GType, but this is caused by python not being able to find the pkg_resources module that is used to load python eggs.

To fix it just install python-setuptools on Ubuntu, or the equivalent non-DEB package for everyone else.

P.S. Its thanksgiving in Canada this weekend, so I won't be back until Tuesday. I'll see everyone then, and hopefully Jono too :)

Laszlo